Inclusive Society is seeking an individual to co-lead the initiative beginning in March 2021.
“Towards a More Inclusive Quebec Society” (Inclusive Society) is an intersectoral research initiative funded since 2017 by the Fonds de recherche du Québec (FRQ). The overall objective of the initiative is to foster, through partnership research, the creation of more inclusive physical and social environments for people with disabilities. Inclusive Society is led since June 2017 by Dr. Philippe Archambault, full professor at McGill University.
Working closely with the current Scientific Director, the Co-Director provides scientific leadership for the initiative. She or he is actively working to identify new sources of funding to sustain the initiative beyond 2023.
- Defines the overall direction and annual planning of the initiative;
- Makes representations to find new sources of funding and ensure the sustainability of the initiative;
- Co-chairs the Committee of Partners (CdP) meetings and ensure that the orientations and decisions made by the CdP are implemented by the Executive Committee;
- Forms the Executive Committee, notably by hiring the Scientific Coordinator and the Intersectoral Collaboration Agents, and supervising its actions;
- Participates in the weekly meetings of the Executive Committee;
- Establishes, maintains and animates a platform for the exchange of ideas and project advancement, accessible to all partners and researchers who are members of the intersectoral initiative;
- Facilitates a project evaluation and selection process;
- Acts as spokesperson for the initiative;
- Manages and monitors the annual budget and report to the Partners Committee;
- Prepares, for the FRQ, the required documents and annual reports.
- Term of office of 2 years, renewable;
- Approximately 8-10 hours per week dedicated to the activities of the initiative.
- Holds a professor position in a Quebec university;
- Is a member of one of the four enabling organizations of Inclusive Society (Centre interdisciplinaire de recherche en réadaptation et intégration sociale (CIRRIS), Centre de recherche interdisciplinaire du Montréal métropolitain (CRIR), Regroupement stratégique Ingénierie de technologies interactives en réadaptation (INTER) et Réseau provincial de recherche en adaptation-réadaptation (REPAR));
- Demonstrates a solid academic research experience on at least one of the four themes of Inclusive Society;
- Demonstrates intersectoral expertise complementary to that of the current Scientific Director;
- Demonstrates solid experience in participatory or partnership research;
- Demonstrates a vision for social innovation and research in the field of disability inclusion;
- Good knowledge of the disability community;
- Experience in team management.
Submitting an application
Interested candidates should send their application (letter of intent and curriculum vitae) by e-mail to Ms. Fabienne Boursiquot, Scientific Coordinator of Inclusive Society, no later than Friday, January 29, 2021: firstname.lastname@example.org